I’m able to reach any destination to organise workshops/concert – please contact me directly and we’ll find a solution.
I offer different types of workshops, depending on what what is needed:
1. Concert (one man drum show) for a large group of people (50-150). This option is best suited for clubs, community centres, etc.
During the concert I play different songs from different periods of my solo career (C.V. and Fusionland).
Concert can include workshops – e.g. in the morning workshops, in the evening a concert for a larger audience.
After the concert there is a possibility for a jam session, unless the organizer is interested to include it in the agenda.
2. Drum Clinic – a smaller version of drum show. This option is recommended for music shops and music schools. These shows have a more educational character than a regular gig. Between the songs I tell stories from my experience. It’s possible to include some workshop elements to the show (if there are some drummers in the audience who have some technical questions).
3. Percussion workshops with large groups of people – this is recommended for community centres, music shops, music schools (a minimum of 10 participants; workshops last for the whole day with a short break for a meal).
During the workshop I’m intensely practicing with drummers, showing a lot of useful tips about personal development and how to learn playing on the instrument. Programme includes practical classes (working with the instrument) and theoretical. We talk about how to develop technique, precision, speed, how to practice rhythms (based on different music styles), how to learn to improvise (solo), how to tune the drums, develop musicality. Apart from that we also cover important subjects such as organising your time to fit practice into schedule, working with drumming machines, working with background tracks and sequencers, playing with good „time”, recording in a studio, role and work of a drummer in a band.
4. Workshops for bands
There is a possibility of me coming to a city of your choosing to attend band’s rehearsal. During the rehearsal we discuss in detail all problems with teamwork in the band.
Many topics raised during such workshops are mutual for percussionists and musicians playing other instruments (the whole band benefits from that). Among other topics we discuss how to effectively improve your technique, precision an speed, how to practise playing groove (based on different genres), how to learn to improvise (solo play), tune the instrument, how to develop one’s musicality in general.
Often we tackle topics like: organizing time for personal practice (work schedule), working with percussion machines, playing with backing music and sequencers, playing with good timing, recording in studio.
Issues raised for musicians playing different instruments/whole bands:
Organizing rehearsals and working during rehearsals, showing mistakes and needed pieces of advice and exercise in band playing, composing songs, working in the rhythmic section: bass-drums, preparation of the DEMO material, how to tune instruments during rehearsal, etc.
Usually, the workshops take one day.
5. Other workshops configuration:
– Workshops in small groups (up to 10 percussionists; we work for a couple of hours, e.g. in somebody’s training room).
– Individual lessons (with one student). They are private lessons for beginners and master’s courses for the advanced.
6. Working in a JURY
– Sometimes I’m invited to participate in a jury (drumming or band competitions). I always strive to to do my best. I take notes and after the competition I talk to each of the musicians or band (what to develop, what to change). Quite often people are shocked as nobody from a jury worked with them like this.